Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Why I haven't blogged for a week and a half...

Why I haven't blogged for a week and a half is because my family and I celebrate the Feasts from the Bible. We don't celebrate Christmas, Easter, Halloween or any other holidays that have pagan roots. Instead,d we celebrate the Spring Feasts of Passover (Pesach), First Fruits (Ha Bikkurim), Counting the Omer (Sefiras HaOmer), and Feast of Weeks (Shavuot). In the fall, we celebrate Feast of Trumpets (Yom Teruah), Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur), and Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot). We also celebrate Hanukkah in the winter and Purim, in the spring. This past week we were celebrating the wonderful feast of Sukkot!

I had a fall break this past week to celebrate Sukkot and it was an amazing week! Celebrating the feasts is so meaningful and so much fun because 1. we have tons of fun parties fellowshipping with other like minded believers and 2. it is so cool to know that you are celebrating the same things that the Israelites, Jesus and his disciples observed based off of Leviticus.

Our family built a beautiful Sukkah for the first time this year and our community this year did something different. We all went around to each others to celebrate sukkot!. We ate under the sukkahs, camped, had fires, participated in Hebraic dancing, ate at a Jewish restaurant in the area, and  roasted kosher marshmallows under the stairs. At one location we even sang songs about Jesus (Yeshua's) birth under the sukkah, since scholars believe he was born during the Feast of Tabernacles in the fall. ()

I have been so busy this week with activities and celebrations I haven't had enough time to blog. I am very sorry that I left for a week but I am glad to be back and blog again. Happy Sukkot! Or as we say it, Chag Sameach!!! (Happy Festival!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment