Sunday, August 7, 2016

August 7th, 2016 South Dakota entry day #3

This is for July 9th, 2016 after breakfast we all got ready and had the morning devotions. Here were my notes from another lovely devotional: “My inheritance was purchased by God’s grace. No one, not even Satan’s evil power could ever take or separate us from God’s grace. ‘I have loved you just as my Father has love Me.’ Think about how much Adonai loves Yeshua. He loved His Son so much and He loves us all so much that He was willing to give Yeshua and see Him go through pain and suffering all for us. 2 Cor. 5:21. His love will affect your life completely. If you always think about how much He loves you, you won’t have to care what anybody else thinks or loves you.” I thought this was a great encouragement and a wonderful devotional. Mrs. Porter then told each of us to go to separate spots outside or in the house. We each sat for 20 minutes just sitting in His presence either journaling, worshipping, meditating in His word, praying etc. It was so nice to 1. Sit in His presence on Shabbat and 2. Do nothing choir related and just relax. I’m not going to share what I felt like God was telling me because it was a private time, but a lovely time indeed. I am so glad Mrs. Porter asked us to do this.

We then visited a fish hatchery and took some group photos of the team. I found out from my parents that the town name Spearfish came from the Indians. They would use spears to catch the fish for their meals. After touring around the hatchery, we broke up into teams and with our teams walked around the park where we would be performing  that night. We went around praying for the performance and praying for the people that were coming that night; that they would be encouraged, touched by God and coming away with a peace within their soul. After praying we all dipped our feet into the cool river, which helped with being a hot day. There was a man there that had a puppy so some of us girls went to pet the puppy and talk with the man. I invited the older gentleman to come to our performance. I could just sense that he needed Yeshua.

Back at the house, we played a short game of soccer, which was a blast. We also practiced for the performance, relaxed a little and then headed to the park. At the band shell we sang our eight songs, fellowshipped with people, had some yummy cotton candy and played a really fun game called nine-square with the people from the church that hosted the concert in the park. The man that I had invited at the park earlier that day actually came. I sure hope we were able to touch his heart. Our concert and time in the park was definitely a highlight for us all-- being able to play a really fun game, meeting new friends and just having a good time. I was talking with a guy named Dillon and I asked him if he played any sports. He said no because when he was 24 days old he had to have heart surgery and now 16 years later, he is still healing and getting back to normal from that surgery. When I meet people like that it makes me realize more and more how everyone has a story. Someone may be going through something and even just a smile could brighten their day. I really hope we reached people in the park that night and I hope we shinned the light of Yeshua. This is one of those times we planted seeds of faith, hope, and joy, along with the message of the gospel and trust that God will do the watering His way and His timing.  
Blessings and Shalom,
Kaila 

No comments:

Post a Comment