Saturday, December 17, 2016

August 27th- Day 4 of Isarel trip

August 27th, 2016- Day 4

Shabbat! *insert deep breath* Shabbat in Jerusalem is incredible! There are mostly no cars driving- except Arab ones. You can hear birds chirping, families laughing and it is so nice. We really slept in that day since we arrived home so late, and also took naps. Shabbat there was one of the most wonderful Shabbats I have ever had. Later at night our family walked through the city, even through an Arab area to a 24/7 –sort of hidden- Christian worship center called Sukkat Hallel. It was kind of like IHOP- International House of Prayer. The worship there was only 1 guy who was alright but I think if they had someone different there, plus someone who spoke better English, it would’ve been more meaningful. Sukkat Hallel’s center overlooked Jerusalem, including the Mount of Olives and the City of David. The sun was going down so the colors on the city were amazing. The colors everywhere you walk are incredible. Wish I had brought my fancier camera on the trip.

 Once the sun goes down and Shabbat is over (L L L) all the shops open, honking horns start up and the life in the city wakes up. We were walking around in the dark and I did get a little nervous with that. We grabbed some dinner, and grabbed some coffee -- at 9:30 pm, ha ha. We met a family from Florida at the coffee shop whose son was starting a YWAM program the next day. The conversation with them really up lifted me that night. I had some feelings going on that I was struggling with that day and when we met them God lifted the pack from my shoulders. Another God sent moment. He is so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment